Pipe Organ

 

The organ in the Cathedral Church was built by the Schantz Organ Company of Orrville, Ohio. It was given in 1957 to honor Frank Nelson, director of music for fifty years. In 1998 the organ was extensively refurbished and enhanced by Schantz, reworking to organ tonally and replacing the console.

 

GREAT

16        Bourdon

8          Diapason

8          Bourdon (ext.)

4          Octave

4          Harmonic Flute

2          Fifteenth

11/3     Mixture IV

8          Trumpet

8          Trompette en chamade

            Chimes

            Great to Great UO-4

 

SWELL

8          Hohlflöte

8          Viola da Gamba

8          Viola Celeste (tc)

4          Principal

4          Hohlflöte (ext.)

1          Plein Jeu III

16        Contre Trompette (ext.)

8          Trompette

8          Vox Humana

4          Clairon (ext.)

8          Trompette en chamade (Great)

            Tremulant

            Swell to Swell 16-UO-4

 

CHOIR

8          Rohrflöte

8          Dulciana

8          Unda maris (tc)

4          Principal

4          Koppelflöte

22/3     Nasat

2          Octave (ext.)

2          Flöte (ext.)

13/5     Terz

8          Krummhorn

8          Trumpet (Great)

            Tremulant

            Choir to Choir 16-UO-4

 

PEDAL

32        Resultant

16        Principal

16        Brummbass

16        Bourdon (Great)

16        Rohrflöte (Choir)

8          Octave (ext.)

8          Bassflöte (ext.)

8          Bourdon (Great)

8          Rohrflöte (Choir)

4          Choralbass (ext.)

32        Grand Cornet V

16        Double Trumpet (ext. Great)

16        Contre Trompette (Swell)

8          Trumpet (Great)

8          Trompette (Swell)

4          Clarion (Great)

 

ANTIPHONAL

8          Bordun

4          Principal

2          Blockflöte

2          Mixture III

413 Cumberland Avenue Knoxville, TN 37902-2302

P.O. Box 153, 37901-0153 | (865) 525-7347

info@stjohnscathedral.org


© Copyright 2016 St. Johns Cathedral. All Rights Reserved.